Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Technology Experiences

In the past, I've had plenty of experiences with technology. But I wouldn't call myself an expert. I've used it for class projects, papers, and other miscellaneous assignments. In class, we learned that using technology for teaching can be a great way to capture the students' attention and a whole new way of teaching. Computers can be useful for making power point presentations, which can be a fun way of presenting information without standing up and just talking.

In class, we learned about the ARCS way of teaching. In our world, more and more kids are becoming more knowledgeable about technology. The ARCS would be geared more towards those digital kids and help them to learn new information.

One thing I learned more about was in the SAM program. Although the training was very detailed in its steps, I think it helped me out a great deal in understanding things about Windows XP a lot better. Most of the time, I just start my computer and right away start doing things without even thinking. The training showed me how to do things in an easier way, so I can get things done quicker.

No comments: