Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Blog #4

In chapter 2, it talks about all the different assistive technologies that are out there as far as the internet goes. There are so many benefits of using the internet. Teachers and parents can communicate and students can talk with the teacher easier as well. The internet makes searching for information easier as well. Especially with Google, teachers, as well as students, can find just what they're looking for and more.

I have always searched with Google and used it to look up dumb things. But in class, I learned that there are easier ways to find specific information instead of just typing on the home page. I think that will make things a lot easier when I have to write a paper in the future. Google is an amazing thing! I also learned the real names of some abbreviated internet terms I use all the time.

I think that the virtual field trip that I found is so cool! If there's something you discuss during class, but it's too dangerous or too far away, just knowing what website to go to can be a great way to teach students. If some of my teachers did that instead of doing boring lectures, I would be traveling around the world right now! With technology getting more and more advanced, and kids attention spans getting shorter, I think it is a great way to teach!

No comments: